Website Lebanon School District
The Lebanon School District is seeking dynamic professional skilled in the field of Student Services. The Director of Student Services is responsible for administering programs that facilitate the educational progress and graduation of students with diverse needs. Successful candidates will have strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills, the abilities to manage multiple projects at once, and an established track record of success in forming and maintaining positive professional relationships with teachers, paraeducators and student families. The Director of Student Services oversees the delivery of student services in all SAU 88 schools, including Special Education, 504, McKinney Vento regulations regarding homeless students, home-schooled students, EL, Title IX and related services.
Expected Start Date:
– Health Insurance
– Dental Insurance
– Flex Spending/Dependent Care Account
– State of NH Pension Plan
– Paid Time Off (Sick / Personal Days / Vacation / Paid Holidays)
– Life Insurance
– Long-Term Disability
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for ensuring SAU 88 compliance with federal and state regulations and school district policies regarding special education and Section 504 for students preschool to age 21.
2. Assists administrators, when needed, with supervision/evaluation of learning specialists, related service providers and contracted providers.
3. Negotiates and issues contracts for contracted service providers.
4. Attends building-level meetings when requested.
5. Responsible for compiling, maintaining, and filing all state reports, grants and other documents required by the state that are associated with Special Education including Catastrophic Aid.
6. Responsible for coordination and oversight of SAU 88 out-of-district and court placed students.
7. Attends Individual Education Programming (IEP) meetings as the Local Education Agency (LEA) representative as requested.
8. Meets with parents, staff and students to resolve programming issues that are not resolved at the building level.
9. Provides and coordinates professional learning opportunities for district special education teachers, administrators, paraeducators and related service providers.
10. Develops and presents special education budgets for each district in conjunction with the Superintendent, Business Administrator and building level administrators.
11. Oversees and authorizes special services invoices and bill payments and assists with billing questions.
12. Coordinates with administrators and faculty on Extended Year Programs.
13. Serves as the SAU 88 Homeless liaison and Home School Coordinator.
14. Performs all other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 15 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job please visit www.schoolspring.com.